Configure RightFax Services to Automatically Restart After Startup Failure
In some cases, usually after a server reboot, the RightFax service fails to automatically restart. This tech tip will help you configure a RightFax service to automatically restart if it fails to start on start up. You may receive an error message such as:
“The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.”
“A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the RightFax Exchange Connector service to connect.”
To resolve, please take the following steps. These steps can apply to any RightFax service:
1. On the RightFax Server, (or any other module server) open Services.
2. Find any RightFax service.
3. Right click and select Properties.
4. Select the Recovery tab.
5. Change First Failure to Restart the Service.
6. Click OK.
7. Repeat steps 3 – 6 for all RightFax services including:
Captaris Conversion Engine
Captaris Sync Module
Dialogic Corporation Boston Host Service
That is it. Your RightFax service should not fail to restart on subsequent server startups. Please contact support at 212-717-7700 if you have any questions or concerns.